View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Creative Commons licence

Good afternoon, Harry

As you are no doubt aware there is an active thread about people taking ebooks from the MobileRead library for sale on the Kobo website - at

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255794

So far the three main approaches suggested to discourage this behaviour are to issue 'take down notices', to use Creative Commons licences within the ebook, and (starting this afternoon) to put poor reviews on Kobo of the ebooks stating that they are available for free on the MobileRead library. All three approaches will likely be needed.

I have been working on a Creative Commons licence like the one attached. I'm also thinking of using the text of the licence in the post with which one introduces the ebook on the MR library. Would the owner and moderators of MR have any objection to me doing these things?

Please note: I do not for a second intend that these notices be obligatory for anyone. And I accept that the notice attached will not be of any use to those people who prefer to make a near facsimile of the original source and not use their own material.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	637
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	135050  
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote