View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Or, in other words, I dont want to encourage people to just end-run around the requirement for a toc.
Fair enough. I'd be amazed if any of my 'real life' epubs actually have an empty ToC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Really the correct approach is to have check book flag the case of an empty NCX TOC as a warning as well.
I think flagging some kind of error would be a good idea. From a personal POV I'd prefer it if the error level reported for EPUB2 was the same as that for EPUB3 when, in effect, "nothing should really change" as a result of a format-shift.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote