View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question cannot download library books - ADE error #2038

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

not sure if this is the right forum
ADE is suddenly glitching ( and google says I am not the only one)
so when I checkout a book, the ACSM downloads but then ADE buge out with that IO error
is a recent windows update to blame, or somethign to fdo with flash - my network connection is fine., all else is working
e.g.
Now You See Me...:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:
https://acs.cdn.overdrive.com/ACSStore1/0111-1/458/8B5/D4/{4588B5D4-DD93-4595-AE6C-9CEAC7723DE9}Fmt410.epub

that is a valid URL - I can paste it into chrome and download the file, but then it's DRMd. maybe I can drag it into ADE but what's going on....

Already tried the googled suggestions: wiped the folder that ADE downloads to - no joy. nothing else has changed.
has anyone encountered this & worked out what it happening
if i drag the book, downloaded form that URL into ADE i get local error on file open - same error code.
also tried explicity adding ADE to firewall exceptions.

it;s looking like a delete- reinstall may have to be tried ? - well that failed also.
now its looking a bit desperate. start using a different PC, use a different ADE version ??

something is lingering - because I get one of more doeanlods failed/ pending. at ADE launch I probably need to find that data & clear it but dunno where it's been recorded.

Last edited by stumped; 12-17-2016 at 01:36 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote