View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #2133
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Quotes: Hello...anybody here...! beyond an audience’s reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Fill that trunk with some known "old" good reads while you wait. 15 or 20 years or more, maybe.

Sorry. Perhaps that is one of those "you had to have been there, to understand."

In my youth, I was in the military service. We many times lived out of wooden or metal foot lockers (trunks would be the term most would recognize) at the foot of our bunk and duffles (canvas bags - check out the "Man of Steel" movie) tied or locked to the frame of the bed. They contained all we owned or used except for some "serial numbered issue items" that were sometimes locked in racks.

Your picture of the "book" and the man peering into it reminded me of that.
As for your: "define "old" "good" books, possibly including a couple of examples?" I was looking for something and saw a bin of Modesitt books that I read years ago, and I went through two of them again to answer a question in my mind about the history of the Recluse series.

... and you are welcome. Thank you for your efforts.
Hmmmm...I don't understand the part of the topmost line in the above quote that adds:

beyond an audience’s reach.

To the only line in my post which was:

Hello...anybody here...!

The book did, in fact, remind me of a trunk as well. In fact the trunk in which Mad-eye Moody was imprisoned in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. But the bottomless book was was perfect for use in a forum dedicated to reading books.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote