View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Agency pricing at Amazon high?

I'm sure various aspects of agency pricing have been discussed ad-nauseum. But I am left with a question that I'm unable to find an answer to. Why are agency priced books so much more expensive at Amazon than Nook or Kobo? I thought the whole idea, from publishers perspective, is that if they fix the price, e-book stores wont get in a price war that only the largest player can win, (with loss leaders etc.).

However, for example, Neat Stephenson Reamde:

Amazon Kindle: $16.96 ("Price set by publisher")
B&N Nook and Kindle: $14.99

This has bee the same pattern on all of a dozen or so books I've compared recenly. Amazon price is $1 to $2 higher on so called agency priced books.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote