View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I read slowly, leisurely, and for my own enjoyment.

Once upon a time, i had no choice but to read fast. That's because my degree is English Lit. It means 10 to 15 books per semester, not to mention all of the research for writing papers. I felt like the books were being physically crammed down my throat.

Now i do well to read a book per week. There is no goal at the end. Most of us participating in the "Read 100 Books in 2011" challenge are doing it just for ourselves, in order to see what our reading patterns are like. It is just a central thread to record our finished book lists. Some folks are also rating their books, but for me, that did not make sense because if i don't like a book, i delete it within 25 or so pages. So mine would all rate "good."

Are you happy? Enjoying your reader? Finding books that make you feel good? It seems to me that those are the most important criteria, more important than quantity. You have the rest of your life to read all of the books, so relax and enjoy the journey.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote