View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Yes it does Adobe DRM

Well the good news is that with the new update they can read Adobe CRM (Library ebooks) as of July 26. I know it can do it because I have two library ebooks with DRM on the Jetbook right now. The bad news is that something has changed and I am unable to read my old ePub ebooks.

I usually load the Lits into Calibre, then as I put them on to the Jetbook I convert to ePub. Been working fine up to now. the only reason I went to the 35m update is I was having some problems with booting or I would have left things alone.

No longer. Either there is a significant change in Jetbook (the original not the Jetbook lite) or there's a change in Calibre.

I can open and read them in Calibre. Then I transfer them to the Jetbook. When I go to open them the jetbook says "failed to open the file."

Any suggestions?

Update: seems that the lits go into Calibre just fine and can be read there. It's that transfer and format change on the fly to the Jetbook that seem to not be working. the file says it's an epub but no joy at reading it - failed to read.

I did talk to Kovid about this and he says that "Nope, the only thing jetbook specific calibre does is set the filename."

Anyone else have this challenge?

Last edited by Dennisvjames; 07-29-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote