View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #308
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Wow, you guys make it sounds as if there could be hope that they are really doing something about this!! It is ridiculous how much I want to believe that Amazon is still trustworthy.
Has anyone seen one with an even background yet? I received two today, and am comparing them back and forth wondering which one is the lesser evil. Maybe I should try one more time to replace them?

I tried to take a pic of the colorations, but no matter what I do, my camera auto-adjusts. The attached pics are just to show the difference in brightness and font contrast and stroke boldness. They are at the same light settings and same font. It literally gets bolder in the order that I received them, with the last one on the right having the boldest font. The first and second one are also brighter and, maybe because of it, the font shows less contrast.
It's hard to judge, given the difference in displays and perception. What matters is what your eyes see. And while I join you in disappointment and frustration, I think it is unfair to question Amazon's trustworthiness. It has only been one week since the PW's release -- barely enough time for an official response, much less a resolution. Amazon is known for their outstanding customer service and they always have, in my experience, taken care of customers' concerns. I expect that will be the case this time as well.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote