View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercrowell View Post
If I may, one other question. When all three of those files are prepared, how do I upload them? Do I zip them up and upload the zip file?
Honestly, I've no idea. I don't make Mobi books commercially; I just fix the more messed-up ones that I've acquired.

However, I do know that Amazon's publishing program is supposed to be able to accept a pre-made Mobi, so you could look into using Mobipocket Creator or KindleGen to make a "finished" e-book and test it in Kindle Previewer (both available @ same link as KPGuidelines) to make sure it looks okay.

I think it might also accept an ePub, and agree with the other posters upthread that making an ePub and converting to Mobi will help cover most of the available e-readers out there.

But I've never bothered to check, though I'm sure Amazon's publishing site FAQs will have the info if you poke around it a bit.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote