View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
wb182
wb182 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Nook Color: Can't Play sideloaded m4v videos

Has anyone managed to successfully play a video. I know these are reader forums, but the main reason i purchased my Nook Color last night was because I thought it was the perfect option to cheaply extend to limitations of my iPhone: video watching and e-reading.

The iPad is nice, and i still mess with my wife's but it's just way too expensive...and a bit too big/bulky as a video player/e-reader (mind you, as a laptop alternative, the size is fine).

So back to the Nook. I was luckily able to buy one last night, but after getting it home, I experienced a slew of frustrations. Downloaded wallpapers at 1024 x 600 and couldn't get them to look good at all to replace the default. Inability to put anything on the Homescreen that's not on the "daily shelf", specifically any side-loaded content. But worst of all, every video i tried came up "unable to play". These are m4v/mp4 videos I encoded to play natively (without conversion) on my Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad. I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't play, and more importantly...exactly what WILL play?

Without an effective video player, I feel like i'd be better off using a $140 kindle, or my various e-reader iPhone apps.

Sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience w/ the video playback, and more importantly if they had found a workaround.
wb182 is offline   Reply With Quote