View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #565
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Problem solved, Kovid changed the layout in post 536 so it doesn't show any shortcut information.
But I will have to click the Layout button if I can't recall a shortcut, and I won't get an instant reminder of what the shortcut is, and the shortcuts displayed in the button tooltips are probably the defaults rather than the values I set in Preferences Keyboard.

Now that chaley has provided a setting that shows a row of individual buttons in the status bar, as in previous versions, I suggest the Layout button be given a keyboard shortcut and revert to showing a list so that the items can be accessed from the keyboard without having remember several shortcuts.

I would I give it a shortcut of 'L', use arrow keys to navigate, and Enter to select - using one finger. I have to use two hands if I want to use a pointing device with any precision. I've tried many devices, most recently a $US700 Roller Mouse (on loan), it was good, but it interfered with my use of the keyboard too much.
--------------------

The Sort button shown in Grid view might also be useful in the List view, a column header is not always available to click because its under the book details panel, or it's off the edge of the window, or the column is represented within a composite icon, or its not even shown in the book list.

Clicking column headers can be a bit of hit and miss proposition for people with hand mobility or hand-eye coordination disabilities. Clicking a clearly labelled button would be much easier. Speaking for myself I would like to have the option of disabling column header clicking to sort, the only time I 'use' it is when I inadvertently click the header instead of a cell in the topmost book, or I want to drag the column to another position.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-18-2017 at 10:37 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote