View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #62
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Kind and gentle people who enjoy testing! Over on GitHub is an update to this plugin that has some hyphenation changes.

Technical details:
Spoiler:
The hyphenation routine is moved into the Container class (where it belongs, with the other ePub modification routines) and the hyphenator is not used in favour of calibre's internal hyphenator class. The manually-added hyphenation dictionary is no longer used.

Because of the nature of the changes, I'd appreciate it if a couple non-English readers (representing a few different languages) could try out the new code and open issues on GitHub if you encounter hyphenation issues that were not previously present or if hyphenation simply doesn't work for your language. Ideally I'd like a language or two using Latin characters with accents (French, Spanish, etc.), Cyrillic characters (like Russian) and other glyphs (Japanese, Chinese) if hyphenation is normally available for those languages.

New hyphenation idea was a bust, turns out it didn't play nicely with languages using non-Latin characters. So, it's back to the drawing board to see if I can make the current hyphenation code play nicely.

Last edited by jgoguen; 05-03-2013 at 05:58 AM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote