View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #23
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Unfortunately, it looks like I am on version 1.19 of my Kindle for PC. I just tried using Calibre to import a book I just got and it won't open the book at all

I looked in the directory where my Kindle books go and used to, they all just appeared in the directory. Now, each book makes a new directory in the main Kindle directory. I don't see mention of any KFZ format, though.

The files that appear are .voucher .azw .azw.md and azw.res along with a tmp directory in the book's directory

I'm at a total loss as I usually get the books from my Kindle, convert them in Calibre into .epub then import them into Marvin on my phone which is my preferred reader.

I did look and I still have the installer for version 1.17. Would I be able to delete my current version and then install 1.17 again and turn off the automatic updater? Would my books revert back to the other format where I can convert them with Calibre?

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,
ShyKat

Last edited by Shykat; 01-15-2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: more information
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote