View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #63
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
All these devices have to be bought online, so it doesn't really matter where the store is based. You're very unlikely to find a device of that nature in a physical store, no matter what country you live in.
Buying online from another country has it's problems. I bought a couple of memory cards for an HP48 from a German company back in the days before Flash memory. One of the cards was defective and even though the company was very willing to replace it, the cost of returning it, with all the customs and taxing issues made it too expensive, so I threw a fairly expensive card in the trash.

This wasn't anyone's fault. The company tried to be helpful and they did their best. Since then I've been very leery of buying from remote countries. I've bought some things from China but always they were cheap enough that if they were defective I wouldn't feel bad about tossing them. And that has happened a couple of times.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote