View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 05:39 AM   #152
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Don't know anything about Veracrypt, but I have to wonder if its any 'better' than NTFS Encryption.

I have just started building the index for my Books library on a backup drive - its a compressed and encrypted NTFS Black Caviar drive in a USB3.0 dock - I'll let y'all know when its done.

BR
Took about 2¼ hours.

From memory that's not significantly different to the time taken to index the same library on an uncompressed unencrypted internal SATA3 Caviar Black drive. And that's been my experience with the Windows and X1 Content indexers, NTFS compression and encryption make no significant difference to index build or search times.

BR