View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #9
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilThelonius View Post
Is anyone using "little snitch" or an app like that and has the RP1? It could easily be monitored when and to what extend the sony-app uses the internet connection. If so, it would be interesting to see how the app behaves when all connections going out are blocked.
Sony must lose their mind if they were that obvious... I'm positiv you won't find the DPT-RP1 "calling home" on its own initiative at any time. For the time being, Sony just reserved themselves the right and flexibility to report whatever they think interesting without any risk to face charges because of "a little more" that they did not warn the user about they would be reporting.

If anything, such info will most likely be passed during an update and even then it would be part of the SSL secured update process so that you won't find anything with your sniffing tools.

I don't think Sony has devised the RP1 as an elaborate spying device. But nonetheless I despise their increasingly "closed" approach to the software.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote