View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #121
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
My Kindle cost me $35 including shipping, $29 without; and yes, it was brand new from Amazon. I take advantage of lots of ebook sales, discounts, and deals.

I've managed a bookstore in Canada, I know the cost of reading in the Great White North. Trust me, going Kindle saved me money.
For middle class people, $35 for an e-ink reader. However, there are still people who can't afford that. E-readers weren't really around when I was a kid but I didn't buy new books often as a child. My family was part of the working poor. I often got books from the thrift store. More often than not, I borrowed books from the library. Buying new books or e-readers obviously isn't an issue for me now (or my family for that matter). Still, I know that for a lot of people a $35 e-reader can still be a lot. Thank God paper books, used book stores, thrift stores and libraries exist for them!
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote