View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #1316
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
As you brought it up and put it in my mind

I've got the August 2011 MacBook Air 11":
1.8GHz i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3
256GB SSD

The spec for the new MacBook Air 11" says:
1.7 GHz dual-core i7
4GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 (up to 8GB)
256GB SSD (up to 512GB)

Any idea, what kind of speed-boost I could expect?
In general, I'm still perfectly fine with my MacBook Air.
But...
I know the Haswell CPUs are much more battery efficient. Also, the new graphics HD 5000 is supposed to be about 40% faster. I'm not sure on the CPU part... but I expect it would be about 20% faster... Also, they use faster ram and flash memory now. I guess it depends on what you do as to whether it will seem faster to you. Here is an article with some quick benchmarks.

Oh, and it also sport 801.11ac !! For super fast WiFi.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2041...h-storage.html

I know it would be a screamer compared to my 2009 Era MacBook.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 06-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote