View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #1308
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by glos View Post
I think it may be short for "circa" which means "about/approximately"
I didn't think it was used outside Italy but wikipedia said it's also used in English, so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Sorry for that!
Glos described it perfectly: ca. = circa = roundabout as in "roundabout 15 hours".
I wish it was short for "California". Would have loved to use my MacBook Air for 15 hours in California :-)
Ah thanks... I know what Circa is, I just never saw that abrv. used before. I usually use @ for circa. I think I've see it as c1235 and ~1235 for years.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote