View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
It's very hard to proof your own words, you already know what it is supposed to say and you're already that bored with what you wrote that your mind wanders. Without bigging myself up, I am a good proof reader, good enough to do it professionally if I wanted to (I don't).

But last night I read through one of my stories that went out in the wild a few months ago, and still found a mistake in it. Not a big one (palms instead of palm), and I doubt anyone who is likely to read it will even notice, but it's still annoying that it's there.

The point is though, get someone else to do your proofing. If you don't know anyone who's up to the job, there are plenty of people who will do it for free in return for a free read if it is something that they would buy anyway. It's only expensive when you need to pay someone to read a book they don't want to read.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote