View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #44
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Formats end users would read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
As I already have a 6 inch reader that is perfect for reading fiction, my answers to this poll are based on my need for a larger reader that I would mostly use for academic reading. The most important features to me are great rendering of PDFs (especially very large files, scans, etc.), zoom, dictionaries, an e-ink (or e-paper) screen, and the ability to mark up documents. Anything else is gravy for me. One thing that I feel is missing from the poll is what sort of files users would want the reader to read - djvu, doc, html, etc.
Dear LatinandGreek:

The reason we did not put favorite reading formats on the poll is that all of our devices have at least 20 formats already on them and we do add via firmware upgrades. However, on this forum, so many people seem to convert anyway that format is not so much a major thing to this crowd. We will maintain as many as we can get the factory to put on.

Your point is good; but we almost consider the Astak as the tops in available formats and it seems to be less of a point now.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote