View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I have to say, I think mis-pricing could harm the book industry as a whole, and in some cases delaying the e-book version will very likely turn some people to piracy. But I don't think e-books will get pirated to death. Let's face it, it takes all of 2 brainless minutes to make a high-fidelity copy of an entire CD; it takes hours to scan, format and edit a paper book into a digital format. A book will have to be fairly popular for someone to put that effort into it.

Yeah, well. Free e-books, for anything other than promotional or early-career-advancement, is a dead end. You can't put enough ads into an e-book to turn a real profit, especially if you do not want to ruin the reading experience; and unlike musicians, writers don't have separate sources of revenue streams like merchandising or concerts.

Let me know when Facebook and YouTube actually generate a profit -- or better yet, let me know when Anderson releases an e-book version at no charge. Then we can talk about how everything should be Free.

Anderson has released the book at no charge. I listened to it as an audio book on Spotify, there's a PDF version at Scribd, a Sony version through their store. Can we talk now?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote