View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #181
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Ok, I think I've got it, I was using pipes | to separate aliases, not commas. Working now.

What would happen if I had 2 characters with the same alias? For example, the book I'm reading has an Amanda Rutledge and a Jack Rutledge. What if I used "Rutledge" as an alias for both? What if I used it for only 1 character but not the other?

Also, I seem to get a rawml file whether I include the -r switch or not.
You shouldn't use last names as aliases in general, unless they are the only person with that last name or if there's normally a title in front within the book that you can include ("Mr. Rutledge"). The aliases are just another string to search for, so if you use just the name "Rutledge", it will match any occurrence of that string. You would end up having your Amanda Rutledge entry showing all excerpts that contain "Rutledge" whether they were her or Jack. It's not a perfect system by any means.

Looks like i set it to save the rawml by default, was supposed to be changed before I upload the new version. Thanks

Last edited by Ephemerality; 03-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote