View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 12:25 AM   #79
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That is a very odd side effect to be having.

The registration file is exactly what they Kindle expects to see.
And the iptables rules, well, I cannot imagine how they would force the font settings screen to show up.
- - - - -
Agreed.
I just re-read this thing and I don't see how the iptables rules could effect the font settings GUI.

Hmm....
"Can't close the Font settings panel" ...

Now there is a far-out firmware change that might cause that . . . .
If the firmware is trying to keep the font settings in the
Code:
/var/local/java/prefs/reginfofile.
Since the "i" flag has been added to the file, the firmware can't change it and that might keep the panel from closing.

So try removing that flag and see if it fixes your problem.
That is, try this command:
Code:
chattr -i /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo
And then see if your font settings panel will close.

If it does, post what the new contents of the reginfo file needs to be (xxx out your personal information).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote