View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #103
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peenno View Post
Hello,

I installed the version 4.6.10075 on my old Touch A/B (Fnac) and it works well, except I continue to have 2 big black squares on the bottom right and left of the screen. As I remember, it appears on 4.6 but I am not sure.
I got the link from the message of JSWolf on Kobo Firmware 4.6.10075 (thread #90) : http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...-4.6.10075.zip.

Do you know why the version is sticked to 4.5.9587 on http://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html?
You've actually answered your own question. Kobo stopped sending the 4.6.9995 upgrades to the Touch when the display problems you are seeing was reported. They left the file there and created the update for 4.6.10075 but are not automatically sending it out.
Quote:
Do you know if the 2 black squares are link to the firmware or the epub?
It's in the firmware, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people see it all the time. I don't. I can get it sometimes, but can't reliably reproduce it.
Quote:
Is there a way to downgrade?
While it is not officially supported, it is safe to manually install version 4.5.9587 over these later versions. Of course, I recommend taking a backup of the book partition just in case, but it should be OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote