View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #42
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
At least the Nexus seems to support OTG. Not as neat as a SD-Card slot but usable.

As to LTE I don't quite see the requirement in a mobile device when data plans are still capped but at least I would expect the device to support the frequencies that are being used where I live.
To my knowledge here in Germany the Lumia 920 is going to be the only phone that covers all LTE frequencies. The iPhone 5 doesn't.
Yes i wondered about OTG access , nice to know the nexus 4 has USB hosting. Another good feature i use on my Nexus 7 so i can connect my 64gb sandisk ultra usb stick and ether stream or transfer the media to my tablet.

In the UK we are in the same boat as Germany and so MANY other countries with poor or no LTE /4G coverage, so it's a waste of money if your a early adopter.

The service is pitiful so far and is very overpriced as i read that they did a uk survey and 70% of current 3G mobile users questioned would not be switching to 4G/LTE because of the high price and coverage.
4G wont become a creditable phone network for some time to come ,at least outside the Usa.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11...iew/page3.html

''I can live with HSPA+, especially since it’s cheaper. So why pay extra for high speeds now and then but generally the same speeds I’m getting anyway?''

''I won’t be rushing to use 4G, then, at least not for the time being. EE’s network has the potential to deliver very high broadband speeds, but in too few places. As I said at the start, EE is still building out its network, and coverage can only improve. But there’s little mileage for me in being an early adopter. The Register will continue to monitor EE’s roll-out and, in due course, other operators’ LTE services.''

Last edited by darksaber35; 11-01-2012 at 12:32 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote