View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
Forum Power - Before It's Too Late

As an avid Sony Portable Reader user and a strong supporter of this forum and it's message I think we are all missing the signs coming out of Sony regarding the Reader. There is talk of Sony getting out of the retail (Connect) business. There is talk of Sony adopting a new format from Adobe. There has not been a software update in almost a year. There is talk of Borders not selling the Sony Reader. There is talk of poor sales. There is no move by Sony to expand the Reader to TROTW (The Rest of The World) which at last count has just passed 5 billion. What is not being discussed is that Sony may just decide to drop the reader, drop the Connect connection and run to hide behind the PS3 (big target - small hiding place).

I think the time is now to inform Sony that the Sony Reader community, although small, can be very vocal if threatened. We need to keep the pressure on this mega-corporation to support this product and it's users. This is not like Microsoft stopping support for Windows 95, the Sony Reader is hardware and has become a life shifting revelation to most Reader users. Put it this way, if Sony supported us the way we support them then we'd be on our 3rd software update, the Reader would be sold worldwide, there would be greater format support and we'd all be trying to justify buying the new Sony Portable Reader 3. As it is, I can only dream that maybe Apple will announce it's i-Reader soon.

Doom & Gloom,

Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote