View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 01:15 AM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@nqk: If you want to sync, you have to tell the viewer which content server user to sync with in the misc preferences of the viewer. As for it requiring an extra tap to adjust the selection I dont see a good way to avoid that, either you have one tap access to notes/colors or one tap access to selection adjust, cant be both. THe copy missing in the content server version is because I have not yet got around to figuring out the javasript clipboard API that will come in time.

@democrite: I'm afraid I am not a fan of one click to create a highlight. Its too easy to accidentally do it.

And after thinking about it, I suspect all these issues just come down to personal preferences, the best way to address them is to allow the user to customize the buttons in the popup bar. So there can be buttons for deleting highlights/for creating highlight with one tap, for opening the highlighter in selection adjust mode instead of notes/colors mode, etc. And if I create this preference setting, I can also create one to disable the popup bar completely for The_Ad and one to change where the search button does its search am surprised no one has asked for that yet