View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #36
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Proposed Keyboard enhancement

A little more toying with Photoshop: With the release of the Leafpad text editor, and pending the off-chance of physical Keyboard connectivity, the on-screen keyboard is still the only way to enter information, and it is frankly not very legible.

So I did a test to see how it could look (see attachment in the Mobileread forum, not available on the iRex forum)

Very likely the current keyboard consists of either one big image file or several smaller ones, so it should be fairly easy to replace them using a script like the font/additional language uploaders or the FBReader content browser update/restore scripts. I can't verify it well myself since the OS folder on the internal memory is not very accessible (nobody has released a console app yet...)

I can't do much in those terms but if somebody with more programming knowledge is interested in the challenge, I'm certainly up for doing all graphic work & testing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OnscreenKeyboard_Original.jpg
Views:	1090
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	23273   Click image for larger version

Name:	OnscreenKeyboard_Enhanced.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	23274  

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 02-11-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Add iRex forum link
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote