View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #21264
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
For the past three years I've lived in pain. Daily medication, often, walking with a cane, unable to walk more than 200 meters without having to stop. The doctors told me I needed new knees. They said it wouldn't completely stop the pain but it would help. Knee replacements for both legs, but I put it off. I didn't want the surgery. I put up with the pain, I put up with the loss of muscle tone, the gain of weight from no exercise. I knew I just didn't want metal knees. But I figured my days of walking in the woods were over forever. Heck... I figured my days of walking, period, were over!

Then I met a British Osteopath who did some pushing and bending, then told me to 'walk through the pain and it would go away.' Coincidentally this was at the same time as I began my diet change to lose weight. And I started walking through the pain. And the pain got less and less. And I walked and I walked and I walked. I just got back from a 8 kilometer broken trail hike up a very steep mountain to a beautiful remote pond. No pain at all. Tired as all get out, but feel like a million bucks! It's like I've been re-born.

Damn all surgeons to hell.

This is the second time that this sort of thing has happened to me. First it was with my lumbar spine. The doctors wanted to fuse the vertebra and I put it off, living on pain meds until I lucked into meeting an American physiologist who taught me how to stop the pain in my back without surgery.

Damn all surgeons to hell. I guess I can understand though. If they don't cut, cut, cut, they can't pay for country club dues, new cars, and trips to Monaco. Sorry, guys... you ain't gonna cut this boy up just so you can travel 1st class.

Anybody want to but a couple of nice canes?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote