View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #3106
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I am re-reading Jaws in audio but I have to say it's rather boring in this format. I preferred it reading. Of course it's a time when the movie is far superior for most people

I had the same issue with Jurassic Park - loved the book, but the audio wasn't the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Interesting. When I reread Jaws as an audiobook a couple of years ago, I thought it was much better than I'd remembered. Not in the same league as the movie, but pretty good.
I don't think I ever eye-read Jurassic Park, but I thought the unabridged* audiobook was excellent. I found it almost as different from the movie as the book "Wicked" was different from the Broadway musical**, but excellent.

ApK

* I mention the unabridged version, because I accidently got, and listened to, the abridged version once, and it was awful.
** I loved the musical "Wicked." I found the book depressing, and a bit of a slog at times. It was thought provoking, but I was glad at how they changed it for Broadway!
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote