View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
As our membership is so international can I ask -

- Do you have to carry an identity document in your country
- If so is it your country of birth.
- How do you feel about having it or (conversely the lack of having)
- How do you feel it affects your security / safety having or not.

-And any other questions / reasons I may have missed
Yes, we have to carry an ID document. But the police needs a valid reason to ask for it. This goes for native and non-native people. I generally have my driver's licence with me and that's a valid ID document. And I don't believe it improves safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger the rabbit View Post
You can't use a credit card here (or in most of Europe) without ID / passport The UK is very lax on this as you have photo id
I've been in lots of countries in Europe and I've never been asked to show my ID when using a credit card. They did introduce a PIN code recently but that's it.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote