View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #1249
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Switch between default screensavers and book cover

First of all, thank you, NiLuJe, for all your hard work on the screensaver hack. 0.17.N r10460 is working beautifully on my PW2 5.4.3.2. I really like seeing the book cover when the PW is asleep. However, some books don't have nice covers and, of course, if I'm using KOReader to read an epub, there's isn't a cover to be displayed.

In such situations, I've been switching back to the Kindle screensavers by disabling the screensaver hack in KUAL. But that requires a full restart (restarting the framework only doesn't work), which is a bit of a pain. So I thought, aha, I'll just copy the Kindle screensaver images to the linkss/screensavers folder, which will let me switch back and forth through KUAL instead of having to restart. After doing the copy, I was able to see the Kindle screensavers under the default mode in KUAL but when I switched to cover mode, I still got the Kindle images no matter how long I kept the book open. I did check that the blank cover file was created by KUAL in linkss so it should be processed. Restarting after changing modes made no difference.

I'm flummoxed. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by ssholloway; 08-01-2014 at 08:53 PM.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote