View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSOlsen View Post
Virtualritz,

I am very confused. Having been responsible for the final typeset of US military publications for over 20 years, the formal rule, required by regulation, was that either all or none of the paragraphs are indented. I have never seen any manual of style, typeset sheet, or other document stating that the 1st paragraph is exempted.

As I am know writing several books of my own, it would be most appreciated if you would direct me to your typeset references so that I can ensure my works are done properly with respect to current convention.
Fiction Publishing is not restricted to MILSPEC type thinking

There are dozens of ways First Paragraphs are rendered. To name just a few:

All/Small CAP first line
Bold First line
No Indent first Paragraph
Drop or Big first letter
I think I have even seen just the first paragraph in a slightly larger font.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote