Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #388
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And it is only happening in the latest firmware?

I don't think I've seen the battery drain. I have a Glo with 2.1.5. I'm in the habit of putting it to sleep (with the slider), and then putting it in my computer bag before it has fully gone into sleep mode (I think). So I think the sensors are being broken before it fully goes into sleep mode.

FWIW.
Aha! I had been trying to keep away from that particular metric - <i>when</i> is the critical time? Without any hard evidence at all, I'd say that the problem arises during the first 0-5 seconds if using the switch (enough time to flip a cover over). Putting it in a computer bag may take longer than the critical time.

Would you be able to do a test by shutting your Glo down with something (screwed up tissue, for instance) on the screen and then sleeping it and reporting the battery use over the time you had it asleep, please?

However, there is the other question that has been raised earlier - how wide-spread is this problem? If this is a general problem, why aren't more people recognising it? Part of it could be that so many people are used to smart-phones and tablets, and so think three days on a charge is good. However, if it is a broader problem, there would be others like the people stating the problem here, stating the problem.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote