View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #106
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
(missed 'em the first time through :/)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
No worries. I can say the main reason for the nav being in the middle is because of google now. Swiping up from the home icon opens it.

There is a LOT of time and effort involved in such a change. I wish i could get into specifics.
Changing *one* variable's value from "false" to "true", as shown earlier in the thread, and recompiling (even easier if it's just interpreted rather than compiled) shouldn't take that much work. As for Google Now's summoning, either it'd move automatically with the repositioned Home button (if it's actually tied to it) or else you'd keep swiping up from the middle. No big deal, in either case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
I'm sorry you're disappointed. We have no plans to go back to the ICS layout. Had we kept that layout we would have received just as many complaints from people wanting the jelly bean layout.
Very unlikely. I can't see many people complaining about their tablet continuing to use the tablet layout rather than the phone layout. At worst, you might have gotten a few inquiries about people who weren't sure that the update actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
Those with issues can try clearing their cache. Not sure if that will make a difference or not but it doesn't hurt anything.

Simply hold volume up and power until the power light starts blinking blue. Use the volume up/down and navigate to 'wipe cache partition' and press the power button.
Actually, that does seem to have made a bit of a difference, at least with the lag and some crashy apps (like Twitter). Boot time's back down to normal (~30s instead of over a minute). Doesn't help with Tapestries, of course.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote