View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snape View Post
It looks like most of the books I've purchased from Amazon are showing up fully justified on my new PW, and I don't see a way to change that without removing DRM, converting in Calibre, and re-uploading to the Kindle servers. (If there's something I'm missing on the device itself, I'd love to know about it.) My question is this: I'm thinking about buying the Harry Potter books, but am not sure how the DRM/conversion/re-upload procedure works with watermarking. I really, really, REALLY hate right-hand justification, and probably wouldn't get the HP books if I can't read them with a ragged right edge. I'm hoping that someone with a PW confirm that either a) the HP books don't default to full justification, or b) it's possible to fix the formatting of the books in Calibre and re-upload.

Anyone?
I'm not saying this just to be condescending, but you do realize that even the Harry Potter books are justified in print, right? (Unless maybe you live in another country and their publishers don't justify their books? Seriously, I don't know.)

I'm glad for the automatic justification of books because it's one less thing for me to worry about editing, re-converting, and verifying in Calibre. I like justification because I like my e-ink pages to resemble print pages as much as possible.

Sorry, I realize that isn't helpful. Just not sure why you dislike it so much. As far as I can tell, all books default to justified. I have a Paperwhite, so I can test your "fix" the formatting option. How were you planning on doing it? Check left align in Look & Feel? I'll try it and report back to you. If there's another way you were thinking of, let me know!

ETA: That works. You can manually convert to a mobi checking left align in Look & Feel and you end up with ragged edges. Hope that's good news for you

Last edited by 7hir7een; 10-19-2012 at 01:03 PM.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote