View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #177
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
CwC - I like it, made me smile..

And for the record, i did contribute in providing the information that was requested (and than some more (simple ones) to prevent people ending up reflashing for four hours and still having a brick at hands).

Im basically saying, that description also is important. And if you use a lets say titilating term such as noob in the title, to be sure you deliver. You may have at one point, but with having one of the major resources of the linked to images going offline - there might have been more work needed than just upload 3.0.2 images and let people figure out themselves what to do with them.

Im grateful that the method exists, and that someone documented it sufficiently enough, that I was able to use it, after some digging around in some forum threads and doing some basic problem solving - but for that I had to know that, you probably wouldnt like to rename gz files to bin, when doing the same with img files made much more sense, work out that both the dropbox source for the 3.3 file and the hints on how to make ATK work on x64 (run the bat file, restart with "use unsigned drivers" enabled) were dead ends, and assume, that there might have been a reason for the ATK devs to put a static 0x right before input boxes in their interface.

Furthermore, the probable fact, that the ATK method can't be used on a x32 Windows seemed to be new to this forum also - and was the initial cause for me deciding to post in this manner.

Either you don't care for updating a tutorial and assume that you left enough pointers for people to figure out whole section changes for themselves (which I must admit you did), OR you tout people with a simple n00b friendly tutorial which everyone can follow. Which I have to say was not the case here, and might not have been the case for quite some time actually.

But never the less, thank you for providing the method. Thank you indeed.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote