Thread: DR1000 Building Hello World 4.0
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #19
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
I've been able to get QEMU working, but it shows the DR800 and I need the DR1000. Anyone know how to select the DR1000 (I'm using 4.0 sources)?

Thanks in advance

Note: Preferably using the command-line, since I don't yet know how to import existing source-files into Anjuta.
Hi rvs,

Good news, an extra developer for the DR

I also got the same effect as you have. What I did was to rebuild all the firmware components [1] for DR1000 and then copy these to the qemu. The only thing is that the display is still 1024x768. For me this is not a problem, it only looks better on the real dr1000

Are you using the VMWare image of Adam or do you use a different environment?
To build firmware components for DR1000 you need to set the following environment variable:
Code:
export MACHINE_NAME=dr1000s
To do a clean build of a firmware component I normally use:
Code:
export MACHINE_NAME=dr1000s
autoreconf --install
intltoolize
./configure --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
make install-strip DESTDIR=~/Development/4.0/Install/
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th command are only needed the first time. I use: DESTDIR=~/Development/4.0/Install/ to get all generated binaries and data in a folder that I can easy access.

After a component is build I do:
Code:
scp ../../Install/usr/bin/popupmenu  root@qemu:/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_mackxpatch/bin/
on the linux machine and then:
Code:
cp /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_mackxpatch/bin/popupmenu /usr/bin/
in the emulator. Directly copying to root@qemu:/usr/bin is not possible (for all components).

(In stead of building the components yourself, you can also copy them from your DR.)

I hope this helps you in your next steps.

Before building the firmware components I would suggest to first build hello-world.

If you have more questions please ask them.

Marcel.

[1] At least the following components depend on the dr-type (1000/800s/800sg): ctb, notepad, popupmenu, settings and sysd.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote