View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Yes, it's all those lazy shop workers doing nothing... or it could be staffing levels halved over the last couple of years with no salary increases and the same amount of work to be done by half the number of people... shameful... and nothing to do with the people who browse the store for their books then go and buy from Amazon and then complain about the state of bookstores or their forthcoming demise...
It IS shameful for a store to have non-working product on display, regardless of staffing levels. It's also shameful for a store to have dirty floors and products strewn about instead of shelved properly. If my local stores were a little cleaner and I could actually find stuff there, I would shop there. I can't, so I shop online.

I certainly wasn't calling you and your coworkers lazy. I'm under the same constraints in my non-retail job: half the staff we should have, no raises since 2008, and meanwhile management thinks we should have a really expensive new building instead of putting money where it belongs. This is not an excuse for me to give sub-par service to our customers, because they are the ones who keep me in a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Defective readers displayed may give the impression the devices aren't durable and reduce potential sales.
Precisely.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote