View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Help: pdf to epub conversion in Calibre splits paragraphs

Every time I try to convert one of my PDF files to EPUB, I am getting output that splits every paragraph into separate paragraphs of 1-2 lines each.

For instance, a PDF file that looks like this:

Raw violence clawed at Lyon's self-control, his beast's instincts begging to rip the asshole's throat out. His control, battered by their increasingly critical situation, snapped. The tip of his fingers burned a moment before his claws sprang out. With a growl, he shifted both his blades to one hand while he whirled and sank the claws of his other in the man's neck as he slammed him against the rock.

Blood trickled down Jag's throat, but no fear flickered in his eyes, only a spark of malicious amusement that he'd pushed Lyon too far. Even if Lyon completely lost it, he'd be hard-pressed to do Jag any real damage. Physically, they were a match, Shape-shifters simply didn't break that easily.

ends up in EPUB looking like this:

Raw violence clawed at Lyon's self-control, his beast's instincts begging to rip the asshole's

throat out. His control, battered by their increasingly critical situation, snapped. The tip of his

fingers burned a moment before his claws sprang out. With a growl, he shifted both his blades to

one hand while he whirled and sank the claws of his other in the man's neck as he slammed him

against the rock.

Blood trickled down Jag's throat, but no fear flickered in his eyes, only a spark of malicious

amusement that he'd pushed Lyon too far. Even if Lyon completely lost it, he'd be hard-pressed

to do Jag any real damage. Physically, they were a match, Shape-shifters simply didn't break that

easily.

The code on the output epub shows <p> and </p> breaks were inserted after each separate "paragraph". Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? I have a LOT of pdf files that I need to convert. Help is appreciated.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote