View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Download ePub (please forgive, stupid question)

I've bought several books from Kobo and desktop app malfunctions notwithstanding (decryption errors, black book covers with no text at all), I'm very happy with my Kobo eReader.

I thought that I should download the ePubs as well - when I click on the link all I get is a acsm file containing XML text. I can double-click on that to open in ADE and then I get ePub files in a folder called "My Digital Editions". (or did they come from the Kobo in the first place?)

Is there a way of bypassing ADE to get the ePub? Seems like if the link says "DOWNLOAD EPUB" I should be able to do that? Will the ePub file(s) in "My Digital Editions" persist should my Kobo bite the dust?

Thanks. I'm having a little trouble grasping the big picture.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote