View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #1663
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Well, this seems to have opened up the proverbial can of worms.

From my simple point of view, I prefer the "real" Adobe page numbers rather than the number of screens. IIRC, PRS+ on the Sony readers showed the current page number of the book followed by the number of pages remaining in the current chapter in parentheses. So:

224 (6)

If on the last page of the chapter:

230 (0)

I do not know if this is possible on the Kobo. It is a personal preference which others may not like. But I believe just about everyone liked it in PRS+. I don't need to see a chapter name or "page ## of ##". Just the above representation would do.

I'm using kepubs right now with the option to show the Adobe-type page number of the book. When I switch to the chapter pages remaining view, the remaining number of screens in the chapter is shown. That is an odd combination. I can live with it, but it is a bit uncomfortable.

Anyway, you are the one who can determine if something like this is possible. Thanks for thinking about this, and thanks for all your great work.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote