View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I found "We Have to Save Books from the Book People" irritating, full of strawmen and silly gatekeeping. Basically, it gasps "Oh no, someone is enjoying books The Wrong Way!"

I found it somewhat amusing that the author writes "Book People often feel they’re being demeaned or mocked for liking genre fiction or listening to audiobooks." in an article which, as far as I can tell, mocks so called "Book People" for liking genre fiction and listening to audiobooks.

I'd guess the article is written mostly to accumulate hate clicks.

"Back-Talking The Tone Police: Book People Are Not Your Enemy" is a good rebuttal.
hildea is online now   Reply With Quote