View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #45
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I stand by my recommendation that it's best to buy the eInk reader from the store you buy most of your books from.
Or conversely, it's best to buy your ebooks from the store linked to your device(s).

I was slow to this realization and would buy from Amazon just because that was the link I happened on. Bad choice, I realize now that I tend to go for the direct download and skip the interim download-to-computer-and-import-into-Calibre step. I'm not worried about either Kobo or Kindle doing a midnight flit and I'll future-proof my purchases if it becomes necessary; doesn't seem worth the bother now. But there are still those pesky books bought back in the day where I need to jump through the hoops to get 'em on my Kobo. Lesson learned.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote