View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #42
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think you make it sound more risky than it is. I've had Kindle for PC installed for years In Tools, Options I unchecked 'Automatically install updates" and that's all the tinkering I've ever done.

If you like the Amazon market, but you aren't crazy about Kindles, it's worth trying it.
And....if you didn't have the foresight to already do that....THEN....you'll find the current Kindle app/Calibre/<certain plugin> combo doesn't work on all books, or even most books.

Then you must hunt down an older version of the kindle app. It's fidgety is all I'm saying. I stand by my recommendation that it's best to buy the eInk reader from the store you buy most of your books from.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote