View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 03:34 AM   #13
sdfg
sdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the roughsdfg is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
This is very useful. The problem I have is I use a scrolling ebook reader, and having forced page breaks because of multiple html pages (epub) is a pain in the bum. I've played around with a few ideas (like merging html pages in the editor, but that doesn't take into account order), and the best option I can see is to convert to HTMLZ, and then back to EPUB. I'd love to use the bulk converter for this, and I've tried, but there's no option that I can see to select the input format to convert. So I can bulk convert to HTMLZ, which is fine, but then it automagically will only convert the original epub back into an epub, which isn't fine. So this script is perfect for me (I'll just add a switch to force the conversion even if the 'want' format is already present, and probably clean up the htmlz after, as well). I've got a question though, would this mess up the calibre db in any way? I imagine it keeps size information and things somewhere, I don't want anything to get corrupt because the file size on the epub has changed.

(Also let us select which input format to convert in bulk convert, it would save me having to do this outside calibre :-) )
sdfg is offline   Reply With Quote