View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal192 View Post

On the Oasis 2, there is multi-page navigation and quick reference to a different page via pop-up. The former is where you get a preview of a handful of pages in the form of large thumbnails--this is useful because you can find a page if you know generally what it looks like without needing to flip back and forth to find it. The latter is useful because you can quickly return to the page you're on after referring to a different page--again, no constant flipping back and forth. Is there something similar for the Aura One?

In Koreader we can use "bookmarks list" and "go back to previous location" under the menu (one tap for the menu, additional tap for "go back to previous location" and bookmark list), but we can also set left & right swipe gestures for getting quickly to the latest bookmarked page (e.g. notes at the end of the book) and as quickly back.

e.g. if the latest bookmarked page was p.400 and we are currently at p. 200, left-swipe will bring us to p.400 and then the right-swipe back to p.200, and if we then use bookmark-list to e.g. jump to bookmarked p.300 , we can use left swipe for getting to p. 400 (latest bookmark in the list), right-swipe for getting to p.300 and an additional right swipe for getting to p.200 i.e. it remembers location-history, so if we had used four consecutive items from the bookmarked-list we would've needed four right-swipes to get to p.200.

There is also similar, so-called bookmark-browse mode, that we can enter and exit either through menu or by taping on the top-left corner, wherein a left swipe is used for the latest bookmark, but just for pdf/djvu at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansl View Post
3) dictionary and translator work on PDFs, too
In Koreader we can use dictionaries on PDFs too.

I don't have problems with the lack of some functions, though, because I don't mind using another e-reader or tablet as I read on the other, as is usually the case with the need for color recognition, better annotation or scribbling, multiple opened books, better dictionary, thumbnail-views etc.

Last edited by Marinolino; 06-02-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote