Thread: Repeated crash
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Also, before starting Create HTML TOC, please open the opf tab and make sure you do not have a guide item that already has the toc semantic set. If so, try unsetting it.

One way to make Sigil crash when creating an html toc, it to have the guide have a toc item that points to the one of the main chapters in the book and not a true separate html table of contents file. This causes Sigil to think the same file it is reading to look for h1, h2 tags is actually the one it is trying to rebuild since it thinks that file is already an html toc and that causes the crash.

There were earlier reports of this but I was never able to easily find the difference between a true separate html toc file with proper guide entry and one with a bad guide entry that points to a normal (not a true html toc) file.

ps. If you are willing to share the material via a private link, please pm either DiapDealer or me with a link. I would be happy to test with it and then delete it when the bug has been found and fixed. There are also plugins that replace the text with gibberish that you could use if you so desire.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-07-2017 at 09:32 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote