Thread: Repeated crash
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Repeated crash

Good morning, I know how you guys are about Sigil crashing, and I admire your attitude. I have been working on a series of books from the same author, and I have discovered a consistent action that causes this dreaded occurrence. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to reproduce it--I've experimented, and it appears to be a unique occurrence based on the cumulative actions up to that point.

Here's what is going on. I'm working on the book, and finally arrive at the point where I am ready to create the Table of Contents. I create the internal TOC, then I go to the TOC I already have in the file, and make a copy of it. (There's some formatting inside it that I want to retain.)

I then go to create an HTML TOC, and every time, Sigil crashes. I reopen the same file, create the HTML TOC with no problems, and go about my business.

With the most recent one, I saved it beforehand, then made a copy of the entire file by copying/pasting in my file manager, then tried to create the HTML TOC, and got the expected crash. So I do have a copy of the file exactly as it was before the crash. But unfortunately, opening that copy (actually a COPY of that COPY--so I can leave the original copy unmolested) and performing the same action doesn't cause a crash.

Not wanting to get in trouble with the copyright police, I'm not attaching it, of course. If there's anything else I can do to help you to track down this pesky little error, please let me know.

Now, on a completely unrelated topic, I'm wondering if there's any way the user can modify one of Sigil's INI files to add "Add Link" to the right-click context menu?

Thanks for all you folks do. If I were to say that I totally love Sigil, I'd only be making an understatement.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote